At 07:51 AM 11/08/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>What is the difference between the ext2 and ReiserFS filesystems?
>What are the pros & cons of both?
>I going to be doing a fresh install on a computer, and want to find out
>which I should pick.

What I have read on the various lists and URLs is the following:

Reiser "keeps a copy" of everything until it is written to a file,
so it can survive power failures much better, and the equivalent of fsck
runs a lot quicker.  Reiser is slightly slower in operation. (I don't
know where it keeps the copy, or how.)  The MSWin program Explore2fs
probably does not read Reiser.  (If anyone knows better, please let
me know.)  There are times when E2fs is very useful to me, so I
have not used Reiser myself.   --doug