"Grant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What is the difference between the ext2 and ReiserFS filesystems?
> What are the pros & cons of both?
> I going to be doing a fresh install on a computer, and want to find out
> which I should pick.
========================
The principal "benefit" of the ReiserFS is that it is a journaling file
system.  I believe it is much less susceptible to problems if inproperly
shutdown.  There is another file system being worked on called ext3 that I
believe will be a journaling file system also.  Some time duirng the 2.4.x
kernel one of these (or another journaling file system) might  become the
default of recommended, instead of ext2.  for now, I use ext2 for my Linux
boxen.
Mike

"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol
than alcohol has taken out of me."
        --Winston Churchill

http://home.netscape.com/webmail