> Dear All and Paul, Thank you for the advice about installing or
> upgrading to Mandrake 7.2. I am probably going to get the CD's and
> upgrade afterall. I looked into Cheapbytes website and saw the CD's but
> do not understand  the difference between the two kinds offered really.

I checked their listing and I agree; it's hard to see any difference
between their $4 and $7 disk set.

> Someone mentioned that you can download the ISO to your HD , make a boot
> disk, then install it that way without  the need to burn it to a CD.

This is true, you can mount an iso image that's sitting on your HD.  What
would be a problem would be trying to use the installer to install
anything from the second CD as the installer would expect you to be able
to "put" that CD into the same mount location as the first disk.  I don't
know any way to get past that, though there may be one.  If you want to
read a bit about how to do the mount, check man mount and look for the
"loop" option.

Cheers --- Larry