> Last year I fooled around with Linux for a few weeks and I remember that
> one of the CD's had several RPM packages of themes which you could install
> very simply. I can find those no where, except on the web as tar or gz
> files. Installing them as RPMS was easy as it placed them where they
> belonged. As a zipped package, where do I place the files to enable the
> theme and where can I get the theme manager?

in addition to what others have posted about gtk themes i thought i would
mention (since you mentioned themes in an older version) that KDE 2 doesn't
have the same kind of theme manager as KDE 1. the old theme selector doesn't
work in KDE 2. that's why the lack.

-x.
--
"Death is merciful, for there is no return therefrom,
but for him who has come back out of the nethermost

ICQ 4841244