Hi Andrew , if poss post your ISP info over and I may be able to suggest something. Never had connection prob. with Mandrake 7 once configured. Regards  --  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Original Message -----
From: Andrew
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 11:43 PM
Subject: [newbie] Netscape/kppp

Hello,

I am having problems staying connected to the internet through Mandrake.  I can get on and surf for 3 to 10 minutes and then the kppp daemon dies unexpectedly.  I read something about compression in the archives.  Something along the lines of arguments like "nodeflate, nocccomp, noccp, nopcomp......."  Is that the problem or is it something else?  I am running Mandrake 7.0.

Thanks,

Andrew