When I installed 7.2 on my computer, it recognized the SCSI card as an
Adaptec AIC-7881U.  When the computer boots, it sees and Adaptec 2940U and
since there is no boot device the bios does not turn on.  On openning the
computer, I am fairly certain that I have only one SCSI card and it is the
2940U.  Is there a way without reinstalling 7.2, to tell Linux that the card
is a 2940U instead of a AIC-7881U.  I want to run an HP 5P scanner off the
SCSI card.  At present SANE or xscanimage cannot find the scanner even though
it is plug into the 2940 card.  The scanner worked perfectly with an old
computer and Windows 95.

If I can get Linux to recognize the correct SCSI card, then I will ask my
next question about simple directions to get SANE working with an HP 5P
scanner.

William Lott