The 7.2 install (just did it) lets you do either of those options...
manually or automatic...

Lewis.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Naylor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 09 November 2000 20:05
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] ReiserFS

Hi

I'm about to take delivery of and then install 7.2, I currently have 7.1.
I've decided to do a completely fresh install but I also want to try
ReiserFS for the first time. This would seem like an ideal opportunity to
do it.

Can I, from installation, define which filesystem I want to use or do I
have to let the installer set up all my partitions as ext2 and then go
through a labourious backup>reformat>restore?

--
   O    Dave Naylor   [ Y@C 07092-033913       ]
  <|>                 [ [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ]