On Sunday 12 November 2000 09:22, you wrote:
> I have a AOpen PCI ALN-201 card but I cant configure it!
> I already changed the kernel module to "ne", "ne2k-pci" but he keeps
> telling me this in the boot:
>
> "Cant find a dhcp client"
>
> I also have something else:
> in my windows configuration I got all the IP's and port's that I could get
> before getting to linux and I have:
> the:
> DNS Server IP
> my IP
> Port (also an IP)
> DHCP Server IP
> and Mask
>
> do I need this for anything? and does the error has something to do with
> the DHCP Server? (because I didnt typed it anywhere... dont know where I
> have to...)
>
> thx once again for helping me out.

You don't say what version you are running, but in 7.1 (I don't know about
7.2) the automatic install did not install the DHCP client.  Log in a root,
put your installation cd in the cdrom, click on the CDRom icon on your KDE
desktop, traverse down Mandrake to RPMS, scan down looking for dhcp-client,
click on it, kpackage should come up, click Install button.  Or do
'cd /mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS', 'ls dhcp*', and 'rpm -i (the dhcp-client
package)'

This should install the dhcp client and you should be able to get eth0
started.

--
Mike Mattix
[EMAIL PROTECTED]