Hi,

I installed PMFirewall recently and have been getting a ton of the same
message in my syslog and messages files - they are "deny" messages, but of my
own static IP address, so I must have something set up wrong.
As a consequence, these files have been getting huge, and have caused me some
problems when the partition has run out of space. I notice that there is a
.gz file of each of these files. Is there a system parameter that based on
the filesize automatically compresses the file ? If so, how do I manipulate
that so that my system behaves while I track down the firewall problem ?

Thanks,
philomena