Keldmar wrote:

> if you have windows jsut follow the ezy cd creator instructions for burnign
> it
> afrter you have done that it is a bootable cd automatically and you can use
> it to boot your computer and install Mandrake linux 7.2
> very easy and simple
> not sure how to burn in linux, haven't learnt how to do that yet. let alone
> how to get it to stop detecten my ide burner as being both scsi and ide

It is normal for your burner to be detected as both.  Only the SCSI will
be used for burning, because that is what cdrecord requires.  We load a
module called ide-scsi.o to make the ide burner look like a scsi.  You
can always address it as /dev/sr() where a number replaces the parens.
It is NOT mounted for burning, and it is mounted for reading or audio CD
use.

Civileme