Joseph Markham wrote:
> I've installed LM 7.2 on my system, EVERYTHING WORKS except
>
> LS-120 identified twice, once as a Floppy (/dev/hdc) then
> as a scsci device ( /dev/sda). I am unable to mount it
[snip]

Joseph....as root create a new directory called /mnt/ls-120.
Then still as root edit your /etc/fstab file and remove or
comment out any lines referring to the ls-120 except the
following line (add it if you have to):

/dev/hdc /mnt/ls-120 vfat usr,noauto,exec,umask=0 0 0

Then save the /etc/fstab file.

Next right-click your desktop and choose 'create new' ->
'floppy device'.  On the 'general' tab  rename it from Floppy
Device to LS-120.  On the 'device' tab choose '/dev/hdc' as
'Device:' (from the pull down choice list) and the applet
will autochoose '/mnt/ls-120' as 'Mount Point' for you.
Click on the OK button at the bottom of the applet and you
are done.

You will now be able to mount either a dos/windows formatted
floppy or an ls-120 factory-formatted 120 meg cartridge by
clicking on the desktop icon after inserting a disc ito the
drive.

Before attempting to remove the disc from the drive you need
to unmount the insterted media by right-clicking the icon and
choosing 'unmount'.

That's it!  :-)
--
Alan