Jon Dowd wrote:
> When I return from lunch - instead of the screesaver I
> selected to run under xlock, I have a blank screen. I have
> tried "xset -s off" from a command line and added thad
> command to /etc/rc.d/rc.local (as suggested by a RedHat
> user).
>
> I am running Mandrake 7.2 and Windowmaker 0.62.
>
> If I run MS Windows from another partition on the same
> computer, the screen will not go blank (so I don't think
> it's a BIOS setting).
>
> How can I make this stop happening  -  or  -  can I create
> a log file that will let me know what is causing the screen
> to go blank ?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Jon Dowd

Jon....I'll bet it's either in your /etc/X11/XF86Config file
or your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file, depending on which
release of XFree86 you're using. Find and comment out or
remove the below lines in /etc/X11/XF86Config and
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 respectively and your unwanted
screen-blanking behavior should stop.

Option      "power_saver"
Option      "DPMS"
--