Hi, I am having a problem with telnet into my linux box too. I can telnet
into remote sites, but cannot do it other way around. It always tells me
that "connection closed by foreign host".

In my /etc/inetd.conf I had it setup like following.
telnet  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.telnetd -l -a

Can some one give me idea? what does "-l" and "-a" mean ?

oh... i setup security as medium when I first install the system.

Thanks
Charels