This I know.

You simply have to set the authentication to CHAP. by depault it is PAP. Its
somewhere under the setup options for the connection.

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 11:01 PM
Subject: [newbie] Mandrake 7.1 and BT internet

> hi,
> Ok this question may have been posted 1000's of times before, but I can't
find it in any archive or FAQ so here goes.

> I have Intel 400 system, just installed mandrake 7.1, I am very 'green'
with regard this OS.

> My problem is that I can't connect to my ISP with it (BT Internet), the
modem dials, it handshakes, then dies, with the message "can't gian
authorisation".

> A friend of mine has used red hat and suse and had no problem, but tried
to configure mine, and it was having non of it.

> I don't know what info you guys will require to help solve this problem.
I have checked all the basics, modem operation, etc, my mate thinks it cos
BT uses NT and this is the problem, as they don't tell you a domain to log
on to. in fact they give you no help at all!