On Thursday 23 November 2000 04:22, some strange person did etch this in
stone:
> Dear friends:
>
> I am embarrassed to ask. Just installed LM7.2 with KDE 2.0 Final. Looks
> great. Well, I can't help but ask: where is "switchdesk" in xterm. How
> do I switch to gnome, etc. For the life of me, I can't find switchdesk.
> It must be right under my nose. I did check KDE's Help, but now answer
> there.

it's not there... you have to create your own file in your home dir to
customize your window manager.. ".Xclients" is the name os the file. create
it with a text editor.. it should read lke this..

#!/bin/sh
exec gnome-session   /*(or whatever WM you use, "exec wmaker", "exec xfce",
etc.)*/

do a "chmod 700 .Xclients" then log out and log back in and you should be
set... or you can go to redhat's site and DL their switchdesk and install the
RPM.. it works on mandrake as well..

-x.
--
"Death is merciful, for there is no return therefrom,
but for him who has come back out of the nethermost

ICQ 4841244