At 14:00 11/23/2000 -0700, you wrote:
/snip/
i have just recently tried out ApplixOffice and posted a brief review and
some screen shots on my web site.  Applix claims (i can't really say for
sure it is or isn't) a Linux native program, not something ported.  i found
it mostly useable...  a few odd things & notes for the wish list, but so
far it is the best of what i have seen.  the review is at:

>http://ontheflyphotography.1stcyberhost.com/linux04.htm
>
>later dayz......
>
>Adrian Smith
>'de telepone dude
>Telecom Dept.
>x 7042
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

/snip/ lotsa quote

Yes, I am sending this from W98/Eudora, but I CAN ACCESS the net from
Linux.  And do.
I wonder whether a review from someone who, by his own admission (in the
review),
cannot access the Internet from Linux is worth much.

I have my own troubles with linux, and I would not presume to present a
review of
serious software unless I had full control of the system on which it runs.
the extent that the system allows control, of course.)

It would be like me running a review of some program on a MAC, a machine I
dislike
because of its "I know better than you" attitude, like Windows.  I know
nothing
about actually working on the MAC.  You seem to know fairly little of actually
working in LINUX.  I would suggest that you save your reviews until you are
competent
in the environment, and then I will welcome them.

--dm