From: Jacqueline Michell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Friday, November 24, 2000 2:26 PM
Subject: [newbie] HD Partition question

I’m very sorry if this is a dumb question.  I bought Linux-Mandrake 7.2 (powerpack deluxe) and need some advice on partitions before I install.  I have no experience with Linux and find the installation manual unclear on this point.  I have also searched the newbie archives.

My 15G HD now has two partitions:   7.14G (C:) Windows and Windows applications that are already installed--AND--7.13G (E:) reserved for Linux--not yet installed.  (I need to be able to dual-boot to either Windows or Linux.)

My questions:

1. Is there a way to insure that Linux is installed on the E:\drive?   If so, is this choice made in the Recommended, Customized, or Expert class of installation?

2. Or---do I need to remove the E: partition and let Linux make it’s own partitions?  If so, can one make sure that both OS have about equal HD space?

Any help will be greatly appreciated . . . Jacqueline Michell