On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, patrick wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, you wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Nov 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

<ssssssssnip>

> > The best firewall (or, in other words, the one that I use ;-)) is
> > IPchains. You can use another nice program called PMFirewall to configure
> > it.
>

> and i would say the only problem would be installing it. unless
> of course u are linux genius :)

LOL...nah, it was easy. Now, granted, I had someone holding my hand
throughout the process (thanks Mark!), but it wasn't hard.

1. Install IPchains (make sure it's checked in Startup Services)
2. Install PMFirewall
3. open a terminal and, as root, cd to the PMfirewall dir, and type
./installsh (or something like that...youll see the file name if you type
ls).
4. go through the PMFirewall walkthrough
5. Now is the part where there's a file name I don't remember - cd to the
file PMFirewall saved to (it allows you to specify that right at the
beginning, and gives you the option of a default, which I used). Once
there, type pmfirewall -restart

and you be done!

Believe me, if I can do it...anyone can!

--

peace,

Rog

http://www.slammingrooves.com