Configuration:
LM 7.2 GPL edition
Mandrake Updates installed
CUPS updates recommended on Mandrake Forum installed
HP Laserjet 6L with foomatic + ljet4 driver
HP Deskjet 812C with foomatic + stp-gimp-print driver

When printing from Kmail and Konqueror, text at page bottom is cutoff
and overlaps onto next page where the first line is also cutoff.
Problem occurs with both printers although the Deskjet completely
misses printing the last line on the page. Also, long lines are
sometimes truncated on the right side of the page.

Printing to a file and viewing the output with gv displays the problems
exactly as it's printed. Printing text files using Enscript, XPP, and
Qt-Cups all seem to print correctly.

I read and configured everything I could find on mandrakeuser.org and
linuxprinting.org. I've not been able to find any KDE configuration
files that are applicable. Also, I've not ever been able to get KDE to
remember paper size defaults and don't know if this is related to the
printing problem. I'm printing on letter size paper which I have to
select every time I print because the KDE dialog defaults back to A4.

I'm out of ideas on what to try next. Can anyone help? TIA

Scott Miller
Little Rock AR USA