Hello:

I have a problem that is bugging me for over 2 weeks, I've installed
Mandrake 7.2 on a Winchip 200MHz w/ 128 MB ram, the Mobo is a super7 pc100
with everything onboard, LAN, 8MB AGP, sound, modem and 2 USB(four pin
connector) where i purchased an standard 5 pin cable in Bestbuy to be able
to use the ports, I have directly attached a USB iFeel optical mouse that
works fine in windows, the usb is listed by windows as a VIA
VT83T572/VT82C586.

Linux (Mandrake) sees the mouse and attemps to configure it, usbview also
sees the mouse.

but when i lsmod, the usbmouse lists as unused, /proc/interrurps lists the
interrupt for the usb interface, but /proc/misc says "Segmentation fault
(core dumped)"

I'd appreciate if any body can walkme thru the process to make the mouse
work.

Thanks

Luis