Hi, I have a problem:

My 3c509b ISA does not work with 7.2, nor did it it work with 7.1.

I selected the correct module at install, but it hasn't ever worked.  I've
gotten it to work before with RedHat 6 and dhcpcd, but I'm having trouble
with it now.  I'm connecting to the internet through a cable modem with my
NIC through RoadRunner in Austin, TX.

-I've tried "modprobe 3c509" and then "insmod 3c509" but it tells me that it
is already installed.
-I try "ifconfig" and I only get "lo" stats.
-Windows tells me that it's using interrupt 9 at I/O range 210.  HardDrake
tells me that Linux is using I 3 and I/O 200, but it gives me an error when
I change it.
-I tried changing the Interrupt and I/O in linuxconf (the "optional"
fields), but still nothing.
-I tried installing the dhcp client
-I tried using dhcpcd.

Nothing is working. I suspect that it's a faulty configuration or a hardware
caveat I haven't exposed.  I haven't yet tried disabling PnP on the card,
but I'll try that next and reply to my post if it did or did not work.  I
don't understand isapnp very well, so I haven't fooled with it, but I get
sound through my ISA AWE64, so I don't suspect it anyway.

Thanks for your help.  If you need more information, let me know.

Tim