On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Mark Johnson wrote:

>Is it possible for me to mount a network computer.  For example, I have
>files on a solaris machine that I constantly need to bring over onto my
>linux machine.  I'm getting tired of ftp'ing what I'd like to do is just
>some how mount that solaris machine and treat it like another directory.  Is
>this possible?

Hi Mark,
I have once known how to do it, told by friends in the Linux world. Lost
the exact info, but it's basically:

create /etc/exports on the machine you want to make available.
In there you set up what directorie(s) you want to share (don't recall the
exact syntax, sorry, still looking for it myself)

Then on the 'receiving' machine make a directory, e.g. /mnt/solaris and
there you then can mount:

mount solaris:<dir that's shared> /mnt/solaris

It is something along these lines, hope this helps you further

Paul

--
We are Microsoft of Borg.
You will be assimilated.