-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Mark Lee
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 2:27 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [newbie] Resolving resource conflicts in Mandrake 7.2 complete

Hi,

I'm new to the list and have a question regarding resource conflicts in
Mandrake 7.2 Complete.

I have a system that I built, to act as a gateway/firewall for my cable
modem. The components are as follows :

ASUS P5A B motherboard with 1010 Bios version
64MB PC 100 RAM
Diamond Viper 550 PCI video
Creative 24X IDE CD ROM
Creative SB 16 ISA card
2 x 3COM 3c509B TX PCI NIC cards

My problem is that when I look in DrakConf at the NIC properties there are
Splat marks (!) on both NIC cards. A look at the properties reveals that
both cards are attempting to use the same memory resources (both are set to
use IRQ9). The change resources button is grayed out so it doesn't look like
I can set the properties (or test different resources) here.

I'm guessing that I need to change something in the BIOS. Does anyone have
any suggestions on the best way to get round this problem ?

Thanks, in advance,

Mark Lee