Hello,

Thanks for the reply.  I have used DrakeConf, but the sound card does not
show up. Everything shows up, but the sound card.  As far as I can tell,
there doesn't seem to be a resource conflict.  I finally figured out what
sound card I'm using on my laptop.  It is a ESS 1869-1879.  This type of
sound card is supported by linux, right? If this is the case, how would I
be able to enable the sound?  I haven't really found any useful documentation.

Thanks,
Richard