On Thursday 07 December 2000 03:40 pm, you wrote:
> Sorry, no suggestion but I have found the same thing
>
>> nor substitute a jpg image.
> > it will look as if it took the changes (preview them and all)
> > but when i restart the background changed do not take effect, other
> > changes i make will teke effect. this stuff worked fine in 7.1.
> > any suggestions?
> > thanks much
> >

> > Adrian Smith
> > 'de telepone dude
> > Telecom Dept.
> > x 7042
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have no problems with making changes to the above, and since it worked in
7.1 I think you may have a broken file in KDE2. I was not able to get a real
desk top in KDE2 until I went to the kde.org web site and downloaded the
majority of the KDE packages and installed them over the old. Seems as though
my d/l'd and then home burned install disk had some impurities in its
plastic, or some other inexplicable problem. Any way, after the reinstall I
have the full featured desktop with only some minor glitches that I may or
may not  solve. You might try starting with kdeutil and work from there. Good
luck.
--
Dennis Myers registered Linux User #180842