Hi! I just copied my mp3 dir from the winbites partition of my PC to
the Linux, in my user profile, and when I checked the permissions, it
listed as access being given to user, group, and others. Now, what I want
to do is to make it so only user has access, and the way I was trying to
do it was by opening a su terminal and typing:

chmod -r 700 /home/rog/mp3

but then I'd hit enter, and it would say

chmod: 700: No such file or directory

I checked the man pages, and it seemed to indicate I had the syntax right,
but I guess I'm misinterpreting it somehow...anyways, what would the
proper syntax for that be?

--

peace,

Rog