Joe, under DrakConf section 'startup services' make sure that 'ADSL' is
un-checked as well as 'network'. Next, in the LinuxConf button, click
'networking'. In the client tasks tab click 'Basic Host Information. Under the
tab for Adaptor 1, see that there is no ip address for the card, and 'manual'
is checked. On my computer, the 'enabled' box is checked, but as I remember,
that should not be checked. Reboot Linux and see if the net card is not
initialized now. If it isn't, try to log on and browse the web.

Alternatively, you can go to a terminal and run 'netconf'. This will give you
many of the same setup options as DrakConf.

Keep me posted...
--
Glenn Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]