Konqueror (KDE2), GMC (GNOME) and MC (console) can change permissions
graphically. In Konqueror and GMC, all you have to do is right click the
file/directory and select propeties. In the properties window you will be
able to change the permissions. MC is a bit trickier, but much more powerful.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
        Your mouse has moved. Windows must be rebooted to acknowledge this change.