On Tuesday 12 December 2000 01:45, you wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck setting up this printer or a similar one on Linux?
> I am using RedHat7, but I tried figuring it out on my Mandrake machine
> using the file from linuxprinting.org, but I had no clue how to do it. If
> anyone has any guidance, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
> Regards,
> Justin
With linux-mandrake 7.2 the CUPS system has a driver foir the 722C adapted
from the pnm2ppa driver.  That "ppa" is processor performance architecture,
which means the duties carried out by a "real" printer are instead done by
your processor.  In other words, it is the printer equivalent of a winmodem,
and HP has never released any specs on it that would be useful for writing an
open-source driver, nor do they have a driver supporting linux.  pnm2ppa is a
reverse-engineered driver which does most of the things you would expect from
a printer, but may not have some of the features (yet) that you have come to
expect from this printer in windows.

http://ww.linuxprinting.org/database.html is the place to look for printers
and drivers

Civileme