On Monday 18 December 2000 09:52 am, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> On Sunday 17 December 2000 03:53 pm, Michael O'Henly wrote:
> > Here's what I've done so far...
> > 1. A clean install of Mandrake 7.2.
> > 3. Downloaded all the KDE2.1beta RPMs.

>     There's a common factor here tho.  AFAIK, we're the only ones
> that had this dep failure,

  Seems others are reporting the 'libkscan' dep failure, even those
compiling from kde source and on other distros.

    After much searching around on rpmfindnet and ftp searches, I
became convinced that 'kdeaddutils-2.1-0.20001213.1mdk' failure on
'libkscan' dep is just a minor packaging error.  So for those that want
to upgrade to KDE2.1 beta 1, here's what I suggest

[]   put _ALL_ the 2.1 rpms in a dir by themselves and type
       rpm -Uvh --test *
[]   _IF_ kdeaddutils/libkscan is the only dependency failure that's
reported, then install with    rpm -Uvh --nodeps *

   I've done it, it works fine, KDE 2.1 is as problem free and stable
as ever.
--
Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay