-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Paul
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2000 11:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] gates gets Linux

On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Revenant wrote:

>> Have you noticed that the OS is getting bigger and bigger? They are
>> pushing our resources to their limits.
>
>  <shrug>  Our resource limits are increasing.  Most software aims to
>take maximum advantage of the hardware available.  Now that the industry
>standard machine is a PIII, I'd be disappointed if the OS didn't have
>additional functionality.

But not more speed.
Lotus 1.2.3 version 1 that ran on the original 8086 is equally fast as
excel2000 on the 800Mhz P-III.

Paul

--
Save our trees: Stop printing tax forms!

http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
             Linux Mandrake 7.2 - Pine 4.31