I'm trying to install Apache jserv on linux mandrake 7.2.  The
installation process install apache for me.  First question is where is
the installatoin directory for apache.  The path in books and in appache
jserv documentation say the default directory is /usr/local/apache but I
don't have that directory.  When I go to
./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/apache \
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE \
--enable-module=so
make install
I have also tried this example but I don't know where the path to apache
installion directory is
--with-apxs=/path/to/apache/installation/bin/apxs

I have also tried an example in the book java programming on linux

./configure --with-apache-install=/usr --prefix=/opt/apache_jserv \
--with jsdk=/usr/local/Java/JSDK2.0

and it gives me the error ./configure no such file or directory.  Any
help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Christopher Nallo