Have you already tried to update your packages (cups, cups-drivers,
ghostscript) as described on

   http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php3?sid=20001214090405
   http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php3?sid=20001221083250

I have done some changes on the BJC-4200-related stuff. Make also sure
that you do not have ESP Print Pro installed. "rpm -qa|grep printpro"
should have no output. Remove these packages before you update CUPS.

How is your BJC 4200 connected? Parallel, USB, or on a remote Windows
server? Try to connect the printer locally to the parallel port. Tell me
whether it works correctly now. If it works on the parallel port but not
on the USB, keep it on the parallel port. If it does not work as long as
it is connected to a Windows server, update Samba as described on

   http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php3?sid=20001123151352

   Till