Hi all,

I would love to connect my Linux box directly to the
Internet (56k dialup), and use it as a gateway to my wife's
Win98 laptop. But for some reason, her PCMCIA modem (also a
56k) can connect at least 33% than my desktop machine can. I
can't stand the lower speed of my dialup, so I go through
the laptop. It's just not fair.

Now if I were the gateway (in some other fantasy world of
rainbows and unicorns) I could set up the machines so that
she could access the Net as if she were connected directly
to it. Can the same be finagled in reverse? I'm currently
going through a proxy server on her machine, but I'd like to
set things up so my Linux box has a "direct" connection. Or
should I be consulting a Windows list? (Oh, please don't
make me do that! :-)

Miark