John Batt wrote:

> After using LM 7.2 for about 2 months I received the following, and still
> receive, the following error on at the end of booting:
>
> error: No such user John Batt!
>
> I then have to type in the user name and password to login.  How do I get my
> autologin feature back?
> --
> John Batt, OSL
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ICQ# 103056686
> Windows 95: A 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch
> to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
> written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition!  --
> Unknown.

John

I've had this problem many times and have previously asked this group
but nothing came my way. Since then I have done some probing and I
believe the answer lies in the file /etc/sysconfig/sutologin of which
the contents are below.

AUTOLOGIN=yes
EXEC=/usr/X11R6/bin/startx
USER=yourusernameofcourse

I can't be 100% sure as I haven't tried it but I have noticed that the
AUTOLOGIN value does change depending on whether it is active or not.

Although drakconf allows you to reselect this feature during the process
it does not work at all even though it asks you to select the user as
you did during the install.

Nev