On Wednesday 24 January 2001 03:21 am, Blomquist, Niklas wrote:
> I have recompiled my 2.4.0 kernel to see if a got any better
> performance. And I think I've a little faster computer, but I'm not
> sure.
> Is there any good benchmark program that I can use to se if there is
> any better performance?

   IMO, no.  There's gobs of various benchmark apps listed at Fresmeat
and other places.  Try 'em, YMMV.  There a benchmarking howto, you
might wanna read, but it's very dated.   I find 'hdparm', 'memtest86',
and 'mprime' are adequate tools for optimizing my system for Linux or
any other OS.
--
Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay