"R. Lahaye" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just installed Mandrake 7.2 and I can't run Abiword.
>
> It aborts as follows:
>
>   Can't open /usr/share/abisuite/AbiSuite/dictionary/american.hash
>   Abort
>
> The opening picture of the prerelease appears and for a fraction of a
> second abiword seems to open a window, but then immediately it aborts.
>
> The hash file is not there and it is also not in the RPM package of version
> 0.7.11-4mdk. Is this a bug in the 7.2 distribution?
>
> Regards,
> Rob.

Hi Rob,

Hmh.. we'll have to look into this one. I'm getting some symbol
conversion problems. It's working for me except for some text or symbol
conversion errors from .abw file to .txt? While viewing AbiWord 0.711,
,in English, the * sign looks # sign in . The -- menus signs run into
each each other. Strange...

Did you check your permissions?

--
Roman