I've been having a bit of problem with those files.  I got my soundcard to work
my using modules.conf and deleting conf.modules;  however, after I shut down
and start up, conf.modules gets replaced, and I have to delete it again.  There
is a message during startup about Linux removing conf.modules, but the command
doesn't seem to go through.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can prevent conf.modules from reappearing?

Thanks,
Jesse

--
   !!   Jesse C. Chang      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 [___]