Dear All, I was having the same gnapster problems and just downloaded
the new gnapster 1.4.2 as suggested. I am not thrilled that it is in tar
form only. I have not been able to have a successful tar install yet,
except for a few desktop themes. I can extract ok I just have not been
able to get the programs installed and up and running after that. Yes, I
have read all info about it that I can for months. Would anyone be able
to give me the exact steps to install the new gnapster after it is
extracted?

 I would greatly appreciate this. I am a green newbie when it comes to
tar. Thank you very much. Sincerely, Marcia