I set up this printer originally during install and it didn't work. I have since set it
up about 20 times(deleting it first) and I always get the same message.

"dev/lp0 unable to open parallel port device file: no such device"

Can someone tell me what that means and what I am doing wrong.

Running(?) version 7.2/ using Recommended install.

I believe it is running thru CUPS, but I have tried to install it also with Drakconf.

During setups it will not print test page.

BIOS is set for bi-directional(so at least Win98 will print).