Ok now I get it.

I guess I was thinking of the www.linuxprinting.org
too-hard method, so you mean the linuxconf built-in
method (Big DUH on me!)

Dang, those canons must be weird, I never have bought one,
but many thanks for the warning, I do not now intend to get
a canon printer, I am glad I stuck with HP.

Thanks again for the info!

:)

On Tuesday 30 January 2001 07:09 pm, so spoke Mark Weaver: