If you are using Ctrl-V to paste, it won't work. You need to use your
middle mouse button (if you only have two mouse buttons, then you should be
able to use them both simultaneously to simulate the middle button) to
paste. This is how X apps that are non-kde and non-gnome generally work.
Also, you can't highlight some text, and then try to paste replacement text
over the highlighted item. In X, highlighted text is *automatically* placed
in the clipboard, so as soon as you highlight new text, it replaces your
previous selection. You need to clear out any text you want to replace,
then paste your new text in the empty space.

Dave

At 06:22 AM 02/01/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>
>On quite a few occasions, I have been trying to copy and paste text from
>one the text editors in Linux. It appears that none of them will copy to
>Netscape's email. Which is the most compliant?
>
>Any ideas?
>
>--
>Roman
>Registered Linux User #179293
>Turbo Charged Penguin Email

Dave Sherman
SoftServ Business Systems, Inc.            "Quid quid latine dictum sit,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                  altum viditur."
(763) 569-9839