Yeah, that's the same problem I had when I tried to install from the rpm.
 So, here's what you do with that source RPM.  It's quite easy...

First log in as Superuser and go to the directory with your source RPM.

Then type in the following commands:

        rpm -i gnapster-1.4.2-1mdk.src.rpm

Now we'll make and compile the new gnapster binary RPM:

        rpm -bb /usr/src/RPM/SPECS/gnapster.spec

Let's find where it put the new binary RPM:

        find /usr/src/RPM/RPMS -name gnapster*.rpm

Last step, installing the RPM:

        rpm -U /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/iX86/gnapster-1.4.2-1mdk.iX86.rpm

That should be it!

Seve

On 2/1/01, 7:35:48 AM, marcia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote regarding
Re: [newbie] gnapster: