Keith, I have the same modem, and had the same problems. Thanks to a member of this
list(I won't mention Jon's name ::coughs::) I was able to get the correct information
and get it working with Mandrake 7.0 under the 2.2.14 kernel. (Oddly enough, my papers
required 2.3.* or higher. I tried downloading a few 2.3 sources and I could not get
the modem working with them.)

You can find the information from the following file:
http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/3cp5610.txt

You can find more information about other modems and such from the following site:
http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/

Hope this helps. Just in case you need help with any of the instructions feel free to
contact me.

   - Ben

"We give up our dreams for what we call 'wisdom.' I often wonder, is it a good
exchange?"
    - Charles Dickens
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com