Thanks for the advice on eliminating LILO (or GRUB)  I've been
installing
various Linux distributions the easiest way, ie., 'recommended' because
it
never dawned on me that there may be some way to block the boot menus in
the 'expert' or 'custom' installations.  This seems to best way,
preferable
to removing it after the installation.....like removing salt from potato
chips to make salt-free chips or removing lead from gasoline to make
lead-free gas.  It's better not to put these items in in the first
place.

I've had problems when I tried ' fdisk /mbr ' to remove the boot menu
and
restore Windows as the default. A few times, I lost Windows and had to
do
a reinstall to get it back.  And, it seems to make floppy booting some
of
the Linux distros unreliable.

> You must install each distro in either Expert or Custom mode this allows you
> to choose where Lilo/Grub will be installed. Do Not accept the default
> location,>
> You must install each distro in either Expert or Custom mode this allows you
> to choose where Lilo/Grub will be installed. Do Not accept the default
> location, choose either the /boot, if you created it, or to the / partition,
> or even to a floppy (you will not need a boot disk if you use this option)
> for each distro.

Do I understand correctly that a single floppy can be used to boot any
of the
Linux distros?  If so, it's still like a menu and it would still
complicate
things if changes are made such as removing or adding distributions.
I'd
prefer to have a separate floppy dedicated for each distro and have it
so that
adding or removing one will have no effect on the booting of the others.

You said:
> choose either the /boot, if you created it, or to the / partition,

Could you elaborate a bit on this?   I'm still a newbie in spite of my
ambition to have multiple Linux distros available.

Thank you....