If you have installed the Nvidia 0.9-6 drivers then you should have X
4.0 or better. There is a problem with these drivers if you are running
a Geforce 2GTS, but I don't know if the same applies to the TNT cards.
Go and have a look at www.evil3d.net they have a fix for the driver. And
BTW it is worth updating to X 4.0.2, or at least I think so..

Mark Hillary
Registed Linux User 200755