On Sunday 18 February 2001 12:26, you wrote:
> I can't install ICEwm. I am tring to install it via RPM. When I try rpm
> -i (the package )
> I get mod errors
>
> libICE.so.6 is needed by icewm-0.9.42-1
> libSM.so.6 is needed by icewm-0.9.42-1
> libX11.so.6 is needed by icewm-0.9.42-1
> libXext.so.6 is needed by icewm-0.9.42-1
> libXpm.so.4 is needed by icewm-0.9.42-1
>

> I've   checked in /usr/X11R6/lib and they are all there, complete with
> the same ver number. I checked to see if they were found by the ld.so
> by checking the ld.so.conf file and the file has /usr/X11R6/lib listed
> but it will not work..            If anyone can help me please feel
> free.

I think that these are part of the XFree86-libs package.
If you did not install X from rpm, then rpm will not find them, if you
did install from rpm, then your rpm database might have gotten hosed (not
an uncommon occurance with rpm).

Since you seem to actually have all of the dependencies, you could try
installing with the --nodeps parameter.

--
Alex
(Go easy on me, I'm a COBOL programmer in real life)