E2fsck is more like Windos Scandisc than Defrag, in that it finds and
fixes errors (it does not defragment). Linux filesystems (namely Ext2,
Ext3 and ReiserFS) are structured so that defragmenting is totally
unnecessary. When you run e2fsck on an Ext2 partition, it gives its
fragmentation status as a percentage (non-contiguous files). I have
never had more than 3% with this. With FAT32 or NTFS this level of
defragmentation is nearly impossible to achieve, and even if it was it
would not be held for very long.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson