Hi all,

I updated from KDE 2.0 to 2.0.1. It just didn't work, so I
figured I may as well try 2.1. So I did, and it worked
great. But after running 2.1 twice, X is dead (which may
very well be a coincidence). I can't run KDE, Gnome, or
anything else. This is what the tail end of the log says:

---------------
 The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
 > Error:        Can't find file "pc" for symbols include
 >               Exiting
 >               Abandoning symbols file "default"
 Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
 Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap
 Could not init font path element unix/:-1, removing from
 list!

 Fatal server error: could not open default font 'fixed'

 When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please
 send the full server output, not just the last messages.
 This can be found in the log file "/var/log/XFree86.0.log".

 X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server
 shutdown).

I tried re-installing XFree86 4.0.1 and all its fonts, but
to no avail. Perhaps it's a keyboard problem...? I dunno.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Miark