I have come into posession of an Adaptec AVA 1505 scsi i/f board (isa bus),
which, if I can get it running will allow me to use my Colorado tape drive.

The board appears to have generated a lot of mails on one group and another.
What is common to all of them is that it is implied that the board is usable
with the aha152x driver - which certainly comes with the 7.2 distribution.

I have set the card's jumpers to use interrupt 9 and i/o port 140. It is
installed in my sole, available isa slot.

Using the command

        insmod aha152 aha152x=0x140,9

gives me the message

        Using /lib/modules/2.2.17-21mdk/scsi/aha152x.o: init_module:
        Device or resource busy Hint: insmod errors can be caused by
        incorrect module parameters including invalid IO or IRQ
        parameters

I have tried including the device number (7) in the command.  I have tried
using modprobe instead (modprobe -a aha152x aha152x=0x140,9,7 etc)

If anyone can come up with the magic technique I would be thrilled,
grateful, ecstatic (insert adjective of choice).

regards

Daryl Johnson